The 2011 Bestee Awards are being given to recognize excellence within the active Threadless.com community, from the graphic designers and illustrators whose artwork help set Threadless.com apart from the competition to the dedicated bloggers whose ideas, creativity and devotion inspire us all.
1. Eligibility. The 2011 Bestee Awards ("Bestee(s)") are open only to registered members of Threadless.com who are 18 years of age or older. Proof of age may be required. For all design related categories, eligibility is determined by when the nominated design was printed and not when it was submitted - this provision will not apply to the category for Best Unprinted Designer. For all non-design related categories, you must have registered for an account and participated on Threadless.com between June 2011 to May 2012. Employees, officers, directors and representatives of Threadless.com ("Sponsor") are not eligible for a Bestee Award. A purchase on Threadless.com will not have any impact or bearing on your chance of winning a Bestee Award. The Bestee Awards eligibility period began at 12:01 AM Eastern Time ("E.T.") on 06/01/2011 and ended at 11:59 PM E.T. on 05/01/2012 ("Eligibility Period"). You must be a registered member of Threadless.com in order to be considered for a Bestee Award. To register, visit www.threadless.com and fully complete all required fields on the online registration form as presented and submit the online registration form. There is no cost or fee to register. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, provincial and/or local laws apply.
2. Awards Categories/Criteria.
(a) The winners of the following seven (7) categories will each individually receive airfare to travel to Chicago for the 2011 Annual Threadless Meet-up Celebration: July 14, 2012, a Bestee Elephant Trophy, and one Adobe Creative Suite5 Design Premium
1) Best Blog Project/Challenge of the Year - best blog progect or blog challenge on the Threadless forum
2) 2011 New and Noteworthy Artist - best artist first printed in 2011
3) Scorer of the Year - presented to the user who gave the highest scores and clicked "I'd buy it" to the designs that were selected for print in 2011 and be in the top 10% of and having scored the most designs within the 2011 Bestee time period. The winner will be determined by a score to print ratio, the raw data will be pulled from our internal analytics.
4) Designer of the Year - the most printed designer in 2011, up to August 15th
5) Collaboration of the Year - the best overall collaborative effort chosen for print in 2011, up to August 15th
6) Best Causes Design of the Year - the best overall design selected for print for a Causes challenge in 2011.
Threadless Select designs will not be considered for any Bestee categories.
3. Selection of Nominees/Judging Process. A panel of judges will be formed, comprised from members of the Threadless.com production and executive staffs. This panel shall review all printed designs and slogans from June 1, 2011 to May 1, 2012 as well as a comprehensive review of relevant blog posts and participants in those blogs. Upon completion of the review, the panel shall designate three (3) nominees for each category based on the criteria set forth for each category. Once the nominees are set, each individual judge comprising the panel shall anonymously fill out ballots by ranking each nominee per category from favorite to least favorite, the favorite receiving 3 points, second favorite receiving 2 points, and the least favorite receiving 1 point. The ballots shall be cast anonymously. The rankings will then be counted by a third party who shall not be a member of the panel, nor a member of the production or executive staff of Threadless.com. The nominee with the highest ranking per category shall be declared the winner of that category. In the case of a tie in a particular category, new ballots will be created comprised of the tied nominees - the judges will again vote anonymously, selecting only one. These ballots will be counted by the same third party who counted the ranked ballots. The nominee with the most votes after this round of voting shall be declared the winner. The ballots will be kept on file in the office of the Threadless.com general counsel for 2 years from the date of the announcement of the winners.
Selected winners will be notified by e-mail (via the current e-mail address associated with selected winner's registered account) on the date the winners will be announced. Threadless.com shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by an award winner for any reason. In Threadless.com's sole discretion, a selected winner may be required to forfeit his/her Bestee Award and the first runner-up may be selected in accordance with these Official Rules from among the remaining eligible nominees if such selected winner is unreachable or winner notification is returned as undeliverable; or if the selected winner fails to comply with these Official Rules.
4. General Conditions. By participating in the Bestees, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Threadless.com, which are final and binding in all respects and cannot be appealed. No more than the number of Bestees Awards stated in these Official Rules will be awarded.
No transfer, assignment or substitution of Bestee Awards are permitted by winners. Each winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any applicable federal, state, provincial and/or local taxes on his/her Bestee award. Winners may be responsible for filling out and returning to Threadless.com an IRS form W-9 for tax reporting purposes.
By accepting a Bestee award, each winner agrees and acknowledges, without any limitation or further compensation, that Threadless.com may use his or her name, voice, biographical data and/or likeness in any and all media now known or hereinafter devised, throughout the universe and in perpetuity, for any commercial purpose including, but not limited to, advertising and promoting the Bestees Awards, except where prohibited by law. Threadless.com disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system related to participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Bestees Awards.
Threadless.com assumes all entries are original and the nominee created and owns the nominated artwork, with all rights maintained therein, with the exception of those certain rights agreed to when the artwork was originally submitted to Threadless.com. In the event that a nominee's work is later found to be copied from or in violation of the intellectual property rights of a third party with which the nominee has no rights to, the nominee will not be eligible for the Bestees Awards. If a Bestee Award winner is found to have breached these rules, Threadless.com shall reserve the right to reclaim the full amount of Bestee Award money in addition to any legal fees the Threadless.com may be forced to remit in connection with any legal proceedings it may encounter with regards to the design in question.
The categories for the Threadless.com Bestees Awards are subject to change for future Bestees Awards presentations and may vary in subsequent years.
5. Legal Conditions. The Bestee Elephant, commonly known as the "Bestee" is the copyrighted property and trademark of skinnyCorp, LLC ("Threadless.com"). Threadless.com has the sole and exclusive right to reproduce, manufacture, copy, sell, display images of and publish said statuette in any size or medium, whether in three or two dimensions, and to distribute or exploit the trophy or reproductions of same by gift, sale, license or otherwise. No reproduction, replica, drawing, photograph, derivative work or other copy of the Bestee trophy may be made or used by any manufacturer, advertiser, organization or individual except in accordance with these regulations or under express written license from Threadless.com.
All published representations of the Bestee Trophy, including photographs, drawings and other likenesses, must include the legend "(c) skinnyCorp, LLC," to provide notice that it is protected by copyright.
"Threadless," "Nude No More," and the "Bestee" design mark are the registered intellectual property of skinnyCorp, LLC, and may not be used except in accordance with these regulations or under a special written license from Threadless.com.
Any use of the marks "Threadless," "Nude No More," and the "Bestee" design mark must include notice of trademark and credit skinnyCorp, LLC as the owner of said marks ("TM"), except as provided below.
The Bestee trophy may not be used in generic fashion as a logo or other symbol/design for any purpose unless explicitly authorized by Threadless.com
Threadless Bestee winners have no rights whatsoever in the skinnyCorp, LLC copyright or in its trademark registrations. Award winners must comply with these rules and regulations.
News and editorial uses of skinnyCorp, LLC symbols and marks in stories and articles appearing in newspapers, periodicals, digital publications, web sites are subject to the following condition: all published representations of the Bestee trophy, including photographs, drawings and other likenesses, must include the legend "(c) skinnyCorp" to provide notice of copyright.
6. Governing Law. All issues concerning the construction, methodology, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the state of Illinois, without regard to conflicts of law. All suits or claims brought in connection with the Bestees must be brought in a state or federal court in Chicago, IL.
7. Sponsor. skinnyCorp, LLC, doing business as Threadless.com, 1260 W. Madison St., Chicago, IL 60607.